Green River College is a public college founded in 1965. Approximately 9,000 students study at Green River, with over 850 international students from 60-plus countries. Most international students come to Green River for its nationally recognized “2+2” transfer program to top US universities, High School Completion program, Intensive English, and our personal service.
Why is Green River College the first choice for many international students?
Here are some of the top reasons:
- Top Transfer Program - GRC students get into top universities across the country and the world.
- Over 40 University Partnerships - When you apply for either the university transfer or high school completion programs, you can choose to receive a conditional admission letter or statement from one of our University Transfer Pathways
- Transfer Fair - Largest in Washington State for community colleges - Twice a year, 60+ universities visit our campus so students can ask questions about transferring, housing, scholarships, internships, and more with university representatives.
- High School Completion Program - In Washington State, qualified high school students can skip up to two years of high school, take university classes at a college, and receive dual credit for their high school diploma and a two-year college associate degree.
- Cost Savings - Tuition at most public and private universities is more than three times the tuition at community colleges.
- Small Class Sizes - College class sizes are typically small (20-35) and students receive close personal attention from their faculty and advisors.
- Large Staff - Our program offers 40+ caring staff members who support the needs of our international student population.
- Peer Mentors - New international students are paired with current students who are trained to help them adjust to living and studying in a new country.
- Advisors work with students within a specific major - Advisors assist students with preparing an educational plan to show them exactly which classes are required to transfer to specific universities/majors. They are experts in their subject areas and can pass along that wisdom to students.
- Beautiful Location - Green River College is known for its beautiful campus. It is surrounded by forest and trees and is 45 minutes south of Seattle.
Learn more about Green River College.